I’ve been absent so long I couldn’t figure out where to start with this post, so I’m sharing random 10 things in my life right now!
1) Most important and most-on-my-mind, I’m expecting our second child! Hooray for babies!!
2) As a vague tie-in to my most recent posts about food, body image etc., I am following my own version of the Brewers Diet – basically eating well and making sure to eat plenty. Last time I hovered in the mid 1,000’s a day calorie-wise and am convinced that my preterm labor and 6 weeks of strict bed rest were a direct result of being so under-nourished. I’m already feeling SO much better this time around!
3) I recently discovered knitting vlogs on YouTube. I am in heaven, not only knitting but watching someone else (usually a very stylish and inspiring someone) knit at the same time.
4) This baby has given me a serious sweet tooth – Paleo lemon curd, almond flour carrot cake scones and Perfect Paleo Pancakes are my favorites lately.
5) I breezed through Stephen King’s Dark Tower series over the past few months. While I can’t in good conscience recommend the series due to the sheer amount of violent/dark content, it really moved me deeply and solidified my respect for King as an author.
6) Current music I’m into: Gaelic Storm and Carbon Leaf.
7) At the moment I’m rereading C.S. Lewis’s That Hideous Strength – fantastic book!
8) My first child is thriving. She’s obsessed with Sofia the First, breaks out into random dance parties throughout the day, is a fantastic helper around the house and has a daily (very tiny) cup of watered down black coffee every morning.
9) With a Fall baby coming soon, lots of teeny sweaters, hats and socks are all I want to knit right now!
10) I might be switching the blog from “vhstringer.com” back to “hopewriter.wordpress.com” sometime this year.
I hope you’re all doing well!