My dear friend and fellow blogger, Emily (of becomingemily.wordpress.com) has tagged me! As a little girl, I just adored games of favorites. I would drive my sister crazy asking questions like, “If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?” or “If you had to listen to one song nonstop for a year, which would it be?”. Now that I’m a blogger, I’m able to play “favorites” with my friend in a new, grown-up way. I’m so excited! (Be sure to check out Emily’s blog – I’ll be tagging her back soon.)
1. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
A Living Word (Focusing on how God has shaped me into a character in His Story, helping me to reach others through my life and writings.)
2. Do you like your handwriting?
Heh heh… Well, when I take a LONG time and write each letter carefully, yes. When I don’t – let’s just say that it’s unintelligible to anyone other than me. A writer who can’t write properly – irony abounds!
3. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Not if I can help it! But with high-top converses, I’m forced to. 🙂
4. Do you have a namesake? If so, is there a story behind your name?
No, I’m not named after anyone. Mom just liked the name. But since it’s an unusual name, little kids often have a hard time pronouncing it. I’ve been called “Bee-toya”, “Big-coya”, “Bih-toya” and all sorts of other variations.
5. Name 1 thing not many people know about you.
One of my biggest desires/wishes is to ride a dragon.
6. What do you collect?
Memories, books, thimbles, quilts and story ideas.
7. If you could take a road trip with two people, who would they be?
As far as real people, I think it would be awesome to go on a 3-generation road trip with my mom, and my mom’s mom, Meme. As far as fictitious people, I’d go with my two favorite characters of all time: Dym Ingleford (from Constance Savery’s Enemy Brothers) and Sherlock Holmes.
8. What are five things make you extremely happy?
1. Reading Calvin and Hobbes
2. Speaking in French
3. Laughing and visiting with friends and my family
4. Listening to soundtracks (Thor, Pride and Prejudice, Sherlock Holmes, How to Train Your Dragon)
5. Getting lost in a story to the extent that, when I put the book down, I have to remember who I am
9. What has been your favorite movie this year? This can be in theaters or just from your own personal home viewing.
Oh, this is cruel! Just one? 🙂 I was introduced to some of my favorite shows of all time this year (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Tintin, The Avengers). But…as far as my favorite goes… I’ll have to say Captain America.
10. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to know some self-defense/survival/weapons skills, like sword fighting, knife throwing, or archery.